[Lapack-users] thanks from a satisfied user

Michael Sherman msherman at stanford.edu
Sun Apr 2 21:19:15 PDT 2006

[Testing the user mailing list - please ignore or not as you choose.]

As a completely unbiased early user of SimTK Lapack, may I say that I am
very impressed with this package? It performs as well or better than
anything I can get my dirty little hands on. It friggin' screams on my
laptop (can I say that?). I actually witnessed my year-and-a-half old, $1000
cheap junk Compaq Athlon64 laptop sustain 6 GFlops during a large single
precision matrix multiply with BLAS SGEMM(). The clock rate is only 2 GHz!
And you can't beat the price/performance ratio.

My hat is off to Jack Middleton, who beat this monster into submission
through sheer force of will. Thanks, Jack!

Sincerely,

Sherm