[Openmm-team] OpenMM status ?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Dec 3 15:18:16 PST 2008

Hi all,

First of all thanks so much for doing such a potentially
exciting project!

We have a (southern hemisphere) summer student programme
that has just started at VPAC which is investigating the
potential for GPGPU in the Life Sciences [1], and we've
flagged OpenMM as a project of interest to them due to
the fact that it is intended to be GPU hardware agnostic
(which is important to us).

We were wondering if there was any more thoughts on an
ETA yet to help us plan out when they might look at it ?

Obviously we'd want them to contribute back what they
find to you too!

All the best,
Chris

[1] - It's more than just that, they're looking at usability,
levels of effort and reward for different approaches,
applicability to our clusters, pain threshold, etc.. ;-)