[Opensim-announcement] Advanced OpenSim Workshop, April 28-30, Stanford University

opensim-announcement at simtk.org opensim-announcement at simtk.org
Wed Mar 17 15:45:24 PDT 2010

Dear Friends -

We will hold our next OpenSim workshop April 28-30 on the Stanford
University campus.  This workshop is intended for advanced users who
want to work directly with the OpenSim staff on specific research
projects.  On the first day of the workshop, an overview of OpenSim
will be provided. The second and third days will be devoted to working
on problems that you and other participants bring to the workshop. For
example, you might want to generate simulations from motion capture
data collected in your lab, add an orthothesis to your gait model,
write a new muscle model or controller, or analyze the results of your
simulations. You will have the opportunity to work in small breakout
groups with OpenSim experts on your research problems. The workshop
depends on you bringing specific projects that you will work on during
the workshop.  Registration is limited to 20 participants.  The
workshop is free but you must apply and register.  The registration
page is:
http://simbios.stanford.edu/EventsOfInterest/OpenSimAdvanceWorkshopApril2010.htm

We are also planning to hold an OpenSim developers Jamboree July
12-14.  I will forward details in the near future.

Best wishes - Scott Delp

Scott L. Delp
James H. Clark Professor
Schools of Engineering and Medicine