[Opensim-announcement] OpenSim Video and Soccer "Game"

opensim-announcement at simtk.org opensim-announcement at simtk.org
Tue Oct 18 08:07:06 PDT 2011

We've created a new video to educate people of all ages and backgrounds
about the OpenSim project.  The short movie describes how and why we
simulate movement and demonstrates how modeling is being applied to help
plan surgery for children with cerebral palsy.

Please check out the video and share it widely with your colleagues,
students, family, and friends.  Help us make OpenSim "go viral"!
http://opensim.stanford.edu/work/index.html

The video is featured as part of an exhibit on understanding human movement
at The Leonardo, a new art, science, and technology museum in Salt Lake
City.  The exhibit also has an interactive soccer ball kicking "game", where
the real-life player tries to score a goal in OpenSim by adjusting the
virtual player's muscle forces.  If you are in Salt Lake City, we encourage
you to visit the museum:
http://www.theleonardo.org/

If you can't make it to Utah, you can download the example from SimTK.org:
https://simtk.org/home/soccerkickmodel

Best wishes,
Jen

--