[Opensim-announcement] Download OpenSim 3.0 and Watch Upcoming Webinars

opensim-announcement at simtk.org opensim-announcement at simtk.org
Thu Oct 25 17:48:35 PDT 2012

*Download Our Latest Software Release - OpenSim 3.0
*Whether you are a new user or a long-time member of the OpenSim community,
we encourage you to download and start using OpenSim 3.0, our biggest
upgrade to-date. OpenSim 3.0 includes:

   - Live model editing
   - Scripting in Matlab and the OpenSim application
   - New and improved muscle models
   - Expanded tools for visualizing forces and other motion data
   - Usability improvements for beginning users to advanced developers

Download OpenSim
3.0<https://simtk.org/project/xml/downloads.xml?group_id=91> from
our website.

You can learn more about the release by reading the full feature
list<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/display/OpenSim/New+Features+in+OpenSim+3.0>
 and upgrade notes<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/display/OpenSim/Upgrade+Notes+for+OpenSim+3.0>
You can also watch a webinar
recording<http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/event_details.html?id=49&title=Webinar-Introducing-OpenSim-3-0>
from
the release launch. We've updated our User's
Guide<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/display/OpenSim/User%27s+Guide>
, Developer's Guide<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/display/OpenSim/Developer%27s+Guide>,
and Tutorials<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/display/OpenSim/Examples+and+Tutorials>
for
the 3.0 release.

*Tune In for Upcoming Webinars*
Our next webinar will feature Zach Lerner from Colorado State University as
our first external speaker. Later in November, we'll have B.J. Fregly and
Carolyn Patten from the University of Florida.

*Title*: Creating Simulations with Real World Data - A Case Study of Obese
Locomotion Biomechanics
*Speaker*: Zachery Lerner, Colorado State University
*Time*: Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 9:30 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time
Register Here<http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/event_details.html?id=51&title=Webinar-Creating-Simulations-with-Real-World-Data-A-Case-Study-of-Obese-Locomotion-Biomechanics>

You can find more information and recordings of past webinars on the
OpenSim webinar
page.<http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/webinars.html>

Best wishes,
Jen