[Opensim-announcement] Upcoming Webinar and More OpenSim News

opensim-announcement at simtk.org opensim-announcement at simtk.org
Tue Aug 6 09:28:52 PDT 2013

We're excited to announce the next webinar in our series, as well as
several other upcoming events and opportunities.

*Participate in our next webinar*
To Create 3D Muscle Models or Not: That Is the Question*
*Silvia Salinas Blemker, University of Virginia
Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 9:30 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time
Read more and register<http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/event_details.html?id=79&title=Webinar-To-Create-3D-Muscle-Models-or-Not-That-Is-the-Question>

*Download OpenSim 3.1*
OpenSim 3.1 includes expanded scripting capabilities, enhancements to the
graphical user interface, many new modeling components, new examples, and
important bug fixes. Read more about the new
features<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=5114264>we've
added for OpenSim 3.1 and download
the software <https://simtk.org/project/xml/downloads.xml?group_id=91>.

*Try out our new and updated examples*
We've continued to expand the library of OpenSim examples. Some of our new
or recently updated examples, include:

   - Simulation-Based Design to Reduce Metabolic
Cost<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/display/OpenSim/Simulation-Based+Design+to+Reduce+Metabolic+Cost>,
   featuring many example GUI scripts
   - Simulation-Based Design to Prevent Ankle
Injuries<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/display/OpenSim/Simulation-Based+Design+to+Prevent+Ankle+Injuries>,
   demonstrating the new simulation toolbar
   - Dynamic Walking Challenge: Go the
Distance!<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=5113821>,
   including many Matlab model-building and simulation scripts

We have also posted several examples from the advanced modeling and
simulation course offered at Stanford this past spring:

   - Pulling Out the Stops: Designing a Muscle for a Tug-of-War
Competition<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/display/OpenSim/Pulling+Out+the+Stops%3A+Designing+a+Muscle+for+a+Tug-of-War+Competition>
   - Sky High: Coordinating Muscles for Optimal Jump
Performance<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/display/OpenSim/Sky+High%3A+Coordinating+Muscles+for+Optimal+Jump+Performance>
   - From the Ground Up: Building a Passive Dynamic Walker
Model<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/display/OpenSim/From+the+Ground+Up%3A+Building+a+Passive+Dynamic+Walker+Model>

*Submit Proposals to the NCSRR Pilot Project Program*
The National Center for Simulation in Rehabilitation Research (NCSRR) and
OpenSim project at Stanford seek proposals for our pilot project program.
The program awards seed grants to innovative and meritorious projects that
will accelerate the use of simulation in rehabilitation research. Applications
are due by August 30. Read more and learn how to
apply.<http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/pilot.html>

--
*Jennifer Hicks, Ph.D.*
Associate Director |