[Opensim-announcement] OpenSim 3.1 Software Release, Workshops, and Pilot Project Program

opensim-announcement at simtk.org opensim-announcement at simtk.org
Thu Jul 25 10:29:54 PDT 2013

We are excited to announce a new OpenSim software release, as well as
remind you of several upcoming training events and our pilot project
program:

*Download OpenSim 3.1*
OpenSim 3.1 includes expanded scripting capabilities, enhancements to the
graphical user interface, many new modeling components, new examples, and
important bug fixes. Read more about the new
features<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=5114264>we've
added for OpenSim 3.1 and download
the software <https://simtk.org/project/xml/downloads.xml?group_id=91>.

*Participate in the OpenSim Tutorial at ISB in Brazil*
We invite all ISB participants to take part in the OpenSim Tutorial on
Sunday August 4 at 4:15pm. The tutorial will feature an update on the
latest OpenSim software and research, demos, and a hands-on exercise. To
participate:
1) Sign up for the tutorial on the ISB
website<http://www.isbbrazil.com/conteudo/view?ID_CONTEUDO=843>
.
2) Install OpenSim
3.1<https://simtk.org/project/xml/downloads.xml?group_id=91>and bring
your laptop (or be ready to team up with another participant).
Read more on the workshop
website.<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/display/OpenSim/ISB+Tutorial+August+2013>

*Apply for the OpenSim Advanced User Workshop*
We are now accepting applications for a 3-day, project-based workshop on
the Stanford campus from August 28-30. Applications will be accepted on a
rolling basis until the workshop is full. Read more and learn how to
apply.<http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/event_details.html?id=75&title=Advanced-User-Workshop-at-Stanford>

*Submit Proposals to the NCSRR Pilot Project Program*
The National Center for Simulation in Rehabilitation Research (NCSRR) and
OpenSim project at Stanford seek proposals for our pilot project program.
The program awards seed grants to innovative and meritorious projects that
will accelerate the use of simulation in rehabilitation research. Applications
are due by August 30. Read more and learn how to
apply.<http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/pilot.html>

--
*Jennifer Hicks, Ph.D.*
Associate Director |