[Opensim-announcement] Upcoming Workshops and WCB Symposium

opensim-announcement at simtk.org opensim-announcement at simtk.org
Tue Jun 3 10:28:07 PDT 2014

The summer is full of OpenSim-related events, including workshops, and a
symposium at the World Congress of Biomechanics. Learn more about each
below.

*Apply for the Advanced User Workshop at Stanford* *University* *(Space
Limited)*
*August 25-27, 2014 in Stanford, CA*
We are now accepting applications for a 3-day, project-based workshop on
the Stanford campus. Please note that we only have a few spaces available
for advanced OpenSim users with well-developed projects. Applications will
be accepted on a rolling basis until June 27 or until the workshop is
full. Read
more and learn how to apply
<http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/event_details.html?id=105&title=Advanced-User-Workshop-at-Stanford>
.

*Attend the OpenSim Symposium at the World Congress of Biomechanics*
The World Congress of Biomechanics in Boston will feature a symposium
showcasing research from nine investigators
<http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/event_details.html?id=99&title=OpenSim-Symposium-at-the-World-Congress-of-Biomechanics>
from the OpenSim community. The symposium is scheduled for the morning of
Thursday, July 10.  Learn more about the World Congress and register on the WCB
website <http://wcb2014.com/>.

*OpenSim Workshop at the Summer School on Neurorehabilitation*
Massimo Sartori and Monica Reggiani will lead an OpenSim workshop at SSNR
2014 in Baiona, Spain. Participants will be introduced to the theory behind
simulation of musculoskeletal movement in OpenSim, along with the framework
of the software architecture via hands on Matlab scripting exercises. Read
more and find out how to register on the workshop website
<http://www.ssnr2014.org/workshopMusculoskeletal.html> and the SSNR 2014
main page <http://www.ssnr2014.org>.

*Please let us know if you are planning any OpenSim-related events for the
community and we will add them to the event calendar. We can also share
resources and advice if you'd like to learn how to run your own OpenSim
workshop or tutorial.*

--
*Jennifer Hicks, Ph.D.*
Associate Director | NCSRR