[Opensim-announcement] Request for Letter of Support for OpenSim + Introductory Tutorial at GCMAS

opensim-announcement at simtk.org opensim-announcement at simtk.org
Tue Feb 24 16:21:47 PST 2015

Request for Letter of Support for OpenSim

DUE Wednesday, March 4, 2015

We are submitting a proposal to renew the NIH National Center for
Simulation in Rehabilitation Research
<http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/index.html>  (NCSRR), which has
developed and distributed OpenSim, provided training opportunities and
seed grants, and helped form a network of biomechanical and clinical
experts over the past five years. With the renewal, we are seeking five
years of additional funding for the NCSRR to continue providing these
resources and meet the evolving needs of the community. It would be a
great help to our proposal to have testimonial letters from you, stating
how you currently use OpenSim and the other resources provided by the
NCSRR.  You may find this template
<http://opensim.stanford.edu/NCSRR_SupportLetterTemplate.doc>  useful for
writing the letter. We would be grateful if you could send a signed letter
(preferably as a PDF file on your own letterhead) to opensim at stanford.edu
by March 4. If you would like to provide a letter, but cannot meet this
deadline, please let us know <mailto:opensim at stanford.edu> . Thanks so
much for your ongoing participation and support.

I Downloaded OpenSim - NOW WHAT?  An introductory tutorial.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 4:00pm

Gait & Clinical Movement Analysis Society Annual Conference

Portland, Oregon

This practical 2-hour tutorial will introduce participants to OpenSim's
features, file formats, and documentation using clinically relevant
examples.
<http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/event_details.html?id=125&title=Intro
ductory-OpenSim-Tutorial-at-GCMAS-2015> Learn more.

---

Joy P. Ku, PhD

Director,  Simbios <http://simbios.stanford.edu/>

Director of Communications & Training, NCSRR
<http://opensim.stanford.edu/>

Director of Communications & Engagement, Mobilize Center
<http://mobilize.stanford.edu/>

Stanford University

(w)  650.736.8434, (f)  650.723.7461

Email:  joyku at stanford.edu