[Opensim-announcement] Webinar Next Week, Launch of Video Tips Series, and More Ways to Connect with the OpenSim Community

Pineda, Blanca S bpineda at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 26 14:55:32 PDT 2017

Webinar: Why Are Antagonists Co-activated in My Simulations? Simulating Cycling and Other “High Flexion” Tasks

Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time

Adrian Lai from Simon Fraser University and Allison Arnold from Harvard University will discuss practical tips for simulating and analyzing tasks with large hip and knee flexion. Learn more and register<http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/event_details.html?id=193>.

OpenSim Tips for Mixed Dynamics Analyses

We are pleased to announce a new series of short videos highlighting tips for using OpenSim from our community of users. Our inaugural video tip<https://youtu.be/dXJ0w6dksMo> comes from Dr. BJ Fregly at Rice University, providing tips about how to solve “Mixed Dynamics” problems. If you have a tip you would like to share, please let us know<mailto:opensim at stanford.edu>. We are especially interested in tips that would have made it easier for you to get started with OpenSim.

Apply to Be an OpenSim Fellow

We encourage new applicants to the OpenSim Fellows Program<http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/fellows.html>, an initiative from the OpenSim project and the National Center for Simulation in Rehabilitation Research. The goal of the Fellows Program is to cultivate and engage a community of OpenSim experts who will collectively advance the field of neuro-musculoskeletal modeling and simulation. Benefits include listing in the OpenSim consultants registry<https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/display/OpenSim/OpenSim+Fellows>. Read more and learn how to apply<http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/fellows.html>.

Follow Us on Twitter

To get up-to-the-minute news related to OpenSim, follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/OpenSimSU>. We post information about our webinars and other events, relevant grant announcements, conferences of interest to the rehab and simulation communities, fellowship/postdoc opportunities, as well as recent publications that use OpenSim.

----

Blanca Pineda, Ed.D.
Dissemination Coordinator | OpenSim<http://opensim.stanford.edu/>, Mobilize Center<http://mobilize.stanford.edu/>
OpenSim Teaching Hub Developer