[Simvascular-news] SimVascular source code release and announcements

Alison Lesley Marsden amarsden at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 26 17:16:44 PDT 2015

Dear SimVascular community,

Our development team has been hard at work and we have several announcements to share with you about the latest release of SimVascular.    This message is meant to update current users on recent changes to our code base and also inform previous users of the new SimVascular revitalization project (funded by the NSF) and encourage you to renew your interest and become informed about our project.

Interested users (new and old) should visit our project website at
www.simvascular.org<http://www.simvascular.org>
where you will find extensive updated documentation, background, tutorials, and clinical examples.   We encourage new and old users to explore this site for the latest information and updates on the project.

Our downloads and user forums are hosted at simtk.org<http://simtk.org>.  Please visit our main project page here:
https://simtk.org/home/simvascular
SimVascular 2.0 beta version is now released, and we are providing precompiled binaries for all three major platforms (mac, windows, linux) as well as complete source code.  We have replaced all previous commercial components that required paid licenses, and we now able to make the software freely available to users.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
Our source code repository has recently MOVED to GitHub and you can find it here:
https://github.com/SimVascular/SimVascular
The previous SVN repository on simtk.org<http://simtk.org> is no longer accessible for downloads or contributions!

Please join our Facebook group for further discussions and announcements:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/835227759855853/

For accompanying image data, models and simulation results that are compatible with SimVaascular, please visit the vascular model repository at:
www.vascularmodel.com<http://www.vascularmodel.com>

We encourage your feedback and questions in our forums on simtk.org<http://simtk.org> or by email to simvascular at gmail.com<mailto:simvascular at gmail.com>

We hope you will continue to join us in improving SimVascular as the leading open source software for cardiovascular blood flow simulation research.    We also strongly encourage participation from the community, both in research and in software development.

We continue to be grateful for the support of NSF in making our recent improvements to SimVascular possible.

Best regards,
The SimVascular Development team.

Alison Marsden
Stanford University

Shawn Shadden
UC Berkeley

Nathan Wilson
Open Source Medical Software Corporation

Alison Marsden
Associate Professor
Departments of Pediatrics and Bioengineering
Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering
Stanford University
amarsden at stanford.edu<mailto:amarsden at stanford.edu>
http://web.stanford.edu/~amarsden