[Simvascular-news] New SimVascular version with modernized user interface

Alison Lesley Marsden amarsden at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 12 14:58:02 PDT 2017

Dear SimVascular community,

We are excited to announce the release of a new SimVascular version with a completely overhauled and improved user interface!    We strongly encourage current and new SimVascular users to visit site and update to this new version right away.

Please visit our website at www.simvascular.org<http://www.simvascular.org> for more information and links to downloads and source code.

The new SimVascular interface includes numerous updates and features that we hope will make the modeling and simulation pipeline more efficient and intuitive.   A few highlights include:

-          A completely overhauled and modernized user interface (C++ / QT based)

-          Combined 2D and 3D segmentation

-          Downloads to install the SVsolver separately from the front-end GUI

-          “Loft as you go” feature that enable you to view your updated solid model as new segmentations are added

-          Improved documentation with new example files and tutorials

-          Interactive boundary condition assignment for simple cases (R, RCR, coronary)

-          Improved image handling with the incorporation of MITK

-          Expanded support for solid modeling, including polydata, discrete, and OpenCASCADE formats

The SimVascular SVsolver includes capabilities for

-          Fluid structure interaction with variable wall properties

-          Multiscale modeling with coupling to lumped parameter boundary conditions

-          Backflow stabilization

-          Efficient linear solver with resistance-based preconditioner

We provide cross-platform support for Mac, Windows and Linux, with all source code publicly available on GitHub<https://github.com/SimVascular/SimVascular>.

As always, we welcome your feedback on our simtk user forums<https://simtk.org/plugins/phpBB/indexPhpbb.php?group_id=188&pluginname=phpBB>.

Finally, please send us your latest research news, as we’d like to help publicize the work of our user community.   Follow us on twitter @SimVascular<https://twitter.com/simvascular> for more frequent news and updates.

Best regards,

Alison Marsden
Shawn Shadden
Nathan Wilson
and the SimVascular Development Team

_______________________
Alison Marsden
Associate Professor
Departments of Pediatrics and Bioengineering, and by courtesy of Mechanical Engineering
Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering
Vera Moulton Wall Center Faculty Scholar
Stanford University
amarsden at stanford.edu
https://cbcl.stanford.edu/
http://www.simvascular.org