Inverse Dynamics <external_loads_model_kinematics_file> is not including full file path

Provide a MATLAB based, user friendly and easy-to-use tool to perform batch process of the most commonly used OpenSim Tools (IK, ID, MA and SO).
Jack Wernet

Inverse Dynamics <external_loads_model_kinematics_file> is not including full file path

Post by Jack Wernet » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:55 am

Hi,

When I run the BOPS script (BOPSgui.m), the process does not successfully complete inverse dynamics, providing this message in the command window:

Error: failed to construct ExternalLoads from file ...\Pose 10\Setup\external_loads.xml. Please make sure the file exists and that it contains an ExternalLoadsobject or create a fresh one.
InverseDynamicsTool Failed: Object: Cannot open file inverseDynamics\IDRbops\Pose 10\Setup\external_loads.xml. It may not exist or you do not have permission to read it.
Thrown at Object.cpp:105 in Object().
Exception in ID: InverseDynamicsTool Failed, please see messages window for details...

Upon opening the external_loads.xml in the inverse dynamics tool in OpenSim manually, I noticed that the file path that it auto-populated for <external_loads_model_kinematics_file>, was not a full file path, but rather only the ending to the correct file path. I have attached the external loads file and you can see the direct difference between the file paths in lines 20 and 21. I left both of these areas as "Unassigned" in my external loads template that I used. The BOPS only properly created the file path for the <datafile> (line 20), and created an incomplete file path for the <external_loads_model_kinematics_file> (line 21), preventing the process from working.

Is there a reason for this? What would be the best way to fix this issue?

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
external_loads.xml
(2.38 KiB) Downloaded 7 times