Simulation of ARED Squat Exercise on the International Space Station Public Forum

Provide the OpenSim model used in the journal article along with sample inputs so that others can simulate ARED squat exercise on the International Space Station.
SimTK Admin
Site Admin

Simulation of ARED Squat Exercise on the International Space Station Public Forum

Post by SimTK Admin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:03 pm

Welcome to the Simulation of ARED Squat Exercise on the International Space Station public forum. Feel free to browse or search the topics for helpful information, or post a topic of your own.

Forrest Bussler

Re: Simulation of ARED Squat Exercise on the International S

Post by Forrest Bussler » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:34 am

Hello,

I am trying to adapt this model to describe the effect of lumbar bending on the knees. I am unexperienced in OpenSim and was wondering if I could get some assistance in learning how to change the value of the lumbar bending and then run the simulation again to see how things change.

Thanks for any help,

Forrest

B.J. Fregly

Re: Simulation of ARED Squat Exercise on the International S

Post by B.J. Fregly » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:33 pm

Hi Forrest,

The best way to get ramped up on the basics of OpenSim modeling is to work through all the various tutorials posted on-line:
http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:80 ... +Tutorials

My best suggestion is to work through the first three tutorials in particular, and also look through the other training materials on that website, and you should have all the info you need to make your desired changes to the model.

Kind regards,

B.J.