Running SCone over AWS or Microsft Azure Cloud

SCONE is a software tool for predictive simulations of biomechanical movement. It uses OpenSim for modeling and simulation, and performs optimization using various control strategies, including feed-forward control, proprioceptic feedback control, and bal
Mritula Chandrasekaran

Running SCone over AWS or Microsft Azure Cloud

Post by Mritula Chandrasekaran » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:45 am

Hi,
Is it possible to run Scone over cloud. I want to run multiple simulations at a time. I understand from Scone FAQ regarding the hardware specifications(https://scone.software/doku.php?id=faq). Is it possible to run Scone from cloud (with AWS or Azure) with Epic level specifications? Kindly let me know.

Thanks
Mritula

Thomas Geijtenbeek

Re: Running SCone over AWS or Microsft Azure Cloud

Post by Thomas Geijtenbeek » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:31 am

I have no experience with AWS or Azure Cloud, but there may be another solution for you.

With the upcoming SCONE release, there will be support for a new simulation engine that can be used instead of OpenSim. This will give you similar results, but at 50-100x the speed of OpenSim. Needless to say, this will save you a lot of time. It is already successfully being employed by other researchers.

Unfortunately, this simulation engine is not free -- you will have to buy a license. If this is an option for you, let me know and I can arrange a trial license for you to try it out.

Mritula Chandrasekaran

Post by Mritula Chandrasekaran » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:02 am

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for your reply. Yes please, I am happy to try it out and see. If its going to be quicker and thats what all I am running for.

Thanks.
Mritula

Thomas Geijtenbeek

Post by Thomas Geijtenbeek » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:04 am

Ok, great. I'll send you an email with the details.

Mritula Chandrasekaran

Post by Mritula Chandrasekaran » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:07 am

Yes Please, Thank you!