Trouble building OpenSim 4.0 from source

The Question and Answer and Support Forum for the 2017 Fall Virtual Workshop.
Kenechukwu Mbanisi

Re: Trouble building OpenSim 4.0 from source

Post by Kenechukwu Mbanisi » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:59 pm

Hello Carmichael,

I ran the INSTALL build and then re-ran the test, but the test is still failing.

Not sure what's causing this.

Thomas Uchida

Post by Thomas Uchida » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:11 pm

I'm unfamiliar with the mechanism that runs these tests automatically, but perhaps you could try firing up MATLAB and running them manually?

Kenechukwu Mbanisi

Post by Kenechukwu Mbanisi » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Hello Tom,

Thanks for getting back. Please I am not clear on what you mean. Can you please expatiate on what you would like me to try out?

Kenechukwu

Thomas Uchida

Post by Thomas Uchida » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:14 pm

Can you please expatiate on what you would like me to try out?
It sounds like you are using RUN_TESTS_PARALLEL to run the MATLAB tests, but RUN_TESTS_PARALLEL is simply running MATLAB .m files. The tests could be failing just because RUN_TESTS_PARALLEL is unable to communicate with MATLAB, which isn't a problem that is essential for you to solve. What really matters is (1) that OpenSim was successfully built (which seems to be the case if all the other tests are passing) and (2) whether you will be able to use OpenSim via the MATLAB interface (which you can determine in other ways, like manually running these tests or any of the example scripts in MATLAB). The "Scripting with MATLAB" page in the Confluence documentation describes how to set up MATLAB to run OpenSim (https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... ith+Matlab).