Source repository moved to GitHub

The functionality of OpenMM will (eventually) include everything that one would need to run modern molecular simulation.
Peter Eastman

Source repository moved to GitHub

Post by Peter Eastman » Fri May 24, 2013 3:15 pm

The main source code repository for OpenMM has been moved to GitHub. You can now find it at https://github.com/SimTk/openmm. We hope this will make it a lot easier for more people to collaborate with us and contribute to the OpenMM code.

The SVN repository still exists for the moment, but no new code is being checked in to it, and we'll probably remove it soon.

Peter

Mark Williamson

Re: Source repository moved to GitHub

Post by Mark Williamson » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:18 am

This is an incredibly useful, positive and forward thinking move; thank you.

Should one still use the bug reporter here at Simtk or use Github's for any future issues? Also, can you tag the various releases of the code on Github (i.e. I think 5.1 is there, but I'm not sure which commit it is); this would be quite useful in preparing features against specific versions.

Thanks,

Mark

Peter Eastman

Post by Peter Eastman » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:29 am

Hi Mark,

Keep using the bug reporter here. The SVN repository contained tags for past releases, but I'm not sure how those got converted when it was imported into Git. Yutong, can you shed light on that?

Peter

Yutong Zhao

Post by Yutong Zhao » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:14 am

Hi Peter and Mark,

When I moved the svn repo into github, to avoid transferring literally everything in the root of /svn/openmm, I instead copied over /svn/openmm/trunk/ - which contained all of the pertinent information in that folder. The tags folder IIRC was in /svn/openmm/tags which wasn't copied over. But it shouldn't be hard for us to find the hashtags that correspond to a given revision and make a tag ourselves.

Yutong