Error compiling github version of OpenMM

The functionality of OpenMM will (eventually) include everything that one would need to run modern molecular simulation.
Saurabh Belsare

Error compiling github version of OpenMM

Post by Saurabh Belsare » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:40 pm

Hi Dr. Eastman,

I'm trying to compile the latest github version of OpenMM on a linux cluster and getting the following error on executing make

[ 97%] Creating OpenMM Python swig input files...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/sbelsare/software/OpenMM/build_openmm/python/src/swig_doxygen/swigInputBuilder.py", line 719, in <module>
main()
File "/home/sbelsare/software/OpenMM/build_openmm/python/src/swig_doxygen/swigInputBuilder.py", line 693, in main
sBuilder.writeSwigFile()
File "/home/sbelsare/software/OpenMM/build_openmm/python/src/swig_doxygen/swigInputBuilder.py", line 654, in writeSwigFile
self.writeClassDeclarations()
File "/home/sbelsare/software/OpenMM/build_openmm/python/src/swig_doxygen/swigInputBuilder.py", line 338, in writeClassDeclarations
docstring = striphtmltags(docstring)
File "/home/sbelsare/software/OpenMM/build_openmm/python/src/swig_doxygen/swigInputBuilder.py", line 52, in striphtmltags
s = re.sub('\s*(<ul>.*?</ul>\s*)', replace_ul_tags, s, flags=re.MULTILINE | re.DOTALL)
TypeError: sub() got an unexpected keyword argument 'flags'
make[2]: *** [python/src/swig_doxygen/swig_lib/python/pythonprepend.i] Error 1
make[1]: *** [wrappers/python/CMakeFiles/BuildModule.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I've recompiled the latest doxygen, but am still seeing this error. What might be the fix for this?

Thank you.

Peter Eastman

Re: Error compiling github version of OpenMM

Post by Peter Eastman » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:09 pm

What version of Python are you using? The flags argument has been there since 2.7.

Peter

Saurabh Belsare

Re: Error compiling github version of OpenMM

Post by Saurabh Belsare » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:24 pm

Hi Dr. Eastman,

You're right. The problem was because I was running with python 2.6.6. I changed to python 2.7.9 and the make completed successfully.

Thank you.