Unable to reproduce consistent CMC Results

A shoulder model with an accurate scapulothoracic joint and includes scapular muscles to drive its motion. The model can be used to compute the work done by the thoracoscapular muscles during shrugging and any arm elevation task.
Alexander Khair

Unable to reproduce consistent CMC Results

Post by Alexander Khair » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:52 pm

I was attempting to reproduce the CMC results found in:
'.\ThoracoscapularShoulderPaperMaterials\ThoracoscapularShoulderPaperMaterials\Results\CMC'
By running "batch_CMC.m" located in:
'.\ThoracoscapularShoulderPaperMaterials\ThoracoscapularShoulderPaperMaterials\Simulations\CMC'
Following a run of "batch_IK" located in:
'.\ThoracoscapularShoulderPaperMaterials\ThoracoscapularShoulderPaperMaterials\Simulations\IK'

But from comparing the "ThoracoscapularShoulderCMC_states.sto" files I'm seeing slightly different results produced. I'm fairly confident my setup is correct as I was able to reproduce the IK results perfectly and I haven't made any changes to the "batch_CMC.m" script or the folder structure.

Does anyone have any insight into this problem?

I noticed within the Results folder: '.\ThoracoscapularShoulderPaperMaterials\ThoracoscapularShoulderPaperMaterials\Results\CMC' there is a different script "batch_CMC_all.m" which loads a version of the model that isn't included in the package ("New_Scaled_FinalTest.osim")

Maybe there is something different between that model and the "ThoracoscapularShoulderModelSubject.osim" run by the "batch_CMC.m" script?