OpenSense_CalibrateModel.m

OpenSense enables users to compute the motions of body segments based on inertial measurement unit (IMU) data.
Amanda Delaney

OpenSense_CalibrateModel.m

Post by Amanda Delaney » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:23 pm

Hello,

I am trying to follow the OpenSense - Kinematics with IMU Data user guide and working on running through the example data and code. I have gotten past configuring opensim in Matlab and the IMU Data converter code. However, when I get to the calibrate model Matlab code, the code will just say busy for an hour and nothing appears to be happening. Am I supposed to type something in the command prompt that comes up or does the code just take a long time/need maybe a faster computer?

Please help!

Thanks,

Amanda

Amanda Delaney

Re: OpenSense_CalibrateModel.m

Post by Amanda Delaney » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Figured out the problem. My laptop was not showing the outputs for some reason, but clicking on the pop up screen of the model that pops up in MATLAB and pressing any key finishes the code. Even though it was not showing the proper changes everything still ran properly, may have just been my old laptop.

jimmy d

Re: OpenSense_CalibrateModel.m

Post by jimmy d » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:50 pm

Hi, Amanda-

I think the issue is the SImTK visualizer that pops up to show the model. The pop-up requires a 'press any key to continue' and I have found that if close the pop-up window before hitting a key, Matlab will just freeze (since it is waiting for an input) and I have to restart Matlab.

One thing you could do, if this is a frequent issue, is to not view the calibrated model in Matlab (set the visulizeCalibration = false).

Let me know if you have still seen the issue?

Thanks,
-James