Accessing MocoControlTrackingGoal in Matlab API

OpenSim Moco is a software toolkit to solve optimal control problems with musculoskeletal models defined in OpenSim using the direct collocation method.
Pavlos Silvestros

Accessing MocoControlTrackingGoal in Matlab API

Post by Pavlos Silvestros » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:02 pm

Hello all,

We are trying to track kinematics using MocoTrack whilst also tracking experimental excitations. To track the excitations we have tried to use MocoControlTrackingGoal in the Matlab API but the Class is not recognised in Matlab once the command is called.

It this class not implemented yet or am I missing something? I have tried to call the class as I have seen other MocoGoals be called in the provided examples.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Pavlos

Nicholas Bianco

Re: Accessing MocoControlTrackingGoal in Matlab API

Post by Nicholas Bianco » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:25 pm

Hi Pavlos,

MocoControlTrackingGoal has been included as a goal since the preprint release. Are other Moco classes working fine? Could you also post the error message you're getting?

Thanks,
-Nick

Christopher Dembia

Post by Christopher Dembia » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:57 pm

We accidentally excluded this goal from Matlab/Python. This will be fixed in an upcoming pull request (https://github.com/opensim-org/opensim-moco/pull/601).

Pavlos Silvestros

Post by Pavlos Silvestros » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:04 am

Hey Guys,

Alright that's great thank you!

All the other MocoGoal functions were available but when trying to access MocoControlTrackingGoal the error was "Undefined function or variable "MocoControlTrackingGoal".

Cheers,
Pavlos