MocoTrack adds time to states tracking file?

OpenSim Moco is a software toolkit to solve optimal control problems with musculoskeletal models defined in OpenSim using the direct collocation method.
Evan Dooley

MocoTrack adds time to states tracking file?

Post by Evan Dooley » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:20 am

Hello,

I am working on debugging my code to run a muscle-driven MocoTrack simulation, and I noticed that there is an extra motion data in the xxx_tracked_states.sto file that Moco generates compared to the states file that I am sending in with the motion to be tracked. Looking at multiple trials, the extra motion data added is half the length of the input motion and this extra motion is added to both ends.

Why is this information added? Is it being used for anything inside of Moco? I had been using this file as reference that I was correctly sending in the motion to be tracked. Is that not what this file is for?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Evan

Nathan Pickle

Re: MocoTrack adds time to states tracking file?

Post by Nathan Pickle » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:24 am

Hi Evan - I've run into this before also. The extra timesteps are added by the lowpass filter applied to the motion data. The extra data is not used by Moco, it only considers data in the time range you specify with the initial and final times.

-Nathan