Unable to run Inverse Dynamics JAM workflow

OpenSim Joint and Articular Mechanics (JAM)

This project is a set of new components, models, and simulation tools developed to enable multibody simulations of joint mechanics in OpenSim.
David W

Unable to run Inverse Dynamics JAM workflow

Post by David W » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:10 am

Dear all,

I have been working with the JAM workflow for my Msc. Thesis. After getting used to the working method of the workflow I have been relatively succesfull in working with the model.

The Inverse Dynamics tool however for some reason does not work for me. The problem first occured when I tried to run the example model (examples>walking) and I have not been able to fix the issue for my simulations.

The error message I am recieving is as follows:

InverseDynamicsTool Failed: Object: Cannot open file ../models/lenhart2015/lenhart2015L_scaled.osim. It may not exist or you do not have permission to read it.
Thrown at object.cpp:105 in Object().
InverseDynamicsTool Failed, please see messages window for details..

Here the path refers to the OpenSim model I am using for the JAM workflow as described in my .xml inverse dynamics setup.

I had encountered this problem earlier, in these cases I was able to work around the problem by changing the file name or moving the file to another folder.

For some reason I have been unable to make this work for the Inverse Dynamics tool. Can anyone help me out with this issue? Thanks in advance!

regards,

David