Command-line TetGen meshing and preparing the mesh-complete directory

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Rok Oblak

Re: Command-line TetGen meshing and preparing the mesh-complete directory

Post by Rok Oblak » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:16 am

Hi Adam,

yes, this small window is I guess not that big of an issue, but the issue is still that if I just try to run simvascular with a script parameter (e.g. "simvascular test.tcl") the batch mode does not seem to work and the full GUI opens - no matter what is inside the "test.tcl". I'm running simvascular from a bash script so I need to use the second option(running it with a script parameter) which is not possible currently.

Any was of addressing this issue or will it have to wait until a future release?

Thanks,
Rok

Adam Updegrove

Post by Adam Updegrove » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:39 am

Hi Rok, can you clarify?

I'm not sure I'm seeing this same behavior. I ran in batch mode, imported vtk (the small blank window popped up), and I sourced a .tcl file that just printed a couple things, and that worked fine. If you source any .tcl file, SimVascular opens?

Thanks!

SimVascular Development Team

Rok Oblak

Post by Rok Oblak » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi,

I've attached a screenshot of my terminal to be more clear. As you can see, if I first start simvascular with no arguments given, it starts in batch mode. However, if I provide the script name as an argument, the full GUI is opened.
Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 9.49.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 9.49.25 PM.png (437.68 KiB) Viewed 539 times
It seems the arguments are ignored (even though it logs "processing command line option"). On an old version of SimVascular, this was working as I wanted it to - SimVascular ran in batch mode, sourced the script (provided as an argument), then exitted.

Cheers,
Rok

Adam Updegrove

Post by Adam Updegrove » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:20 am

Hi Rok,

With the inclusion of the new Qt GUI, the startup script changed a little bit. I would change the startup script for SimVascular to get the behavior you want.

On Mac, the startup script is located at /Application/SimVascular.app/Contents/Resources/simvascular.

Make the final lines where the simvascular executable is being called equal to what I have in the attached file.
Let me know if that works.

Thanks!

SimVascular Development Team
Attachments
start_lines.sh.txt
(269 Bytes) Downloaded 54 times

Rok Oblak

Post by Rok Oblak » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:43 am

Hi Adam,

thanks and sorry for the late response. These lines almost make it work correctly - the GUI (not even the small window) doesn't start anymore, but if I run "simvascular test.tcl" where test.tcl contains the line "package require vtk" it seems the command never finishes. Other commands I tried finish normally.

This is not a big dealbreaker for me right now since I'm fine with using the old version for the meshing, though.

Cheers,
Rok