failed meshing

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
jianfei song

failed meshing

Post by jianfei song » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:53 am

hello,
I want to make a new cylinder model aiming to simulate the existance of stent simply, but it failed meshing. It shows that there are two many regions,I really don't know how to do with it.
I also attached the model i created, maybe it will be more clear to find the problems.
Thanks so much.
Attachments
Models.7z
(62.35 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

Adam Updegrove

Re: failed meshing

Post by Adam Updegrove » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi Jianfei,

Thanks for the post and for sharing your model. A couple of things here.

First, you have the walls that are part of your stent listed as caps in the Model face list. Change those to walls. If the fast meshing is turned off in the mesh module, the model wall is extracted and the model is actually re-capped. This would cause an issue in your case.

Second, what mesh edge size are you using? The stent region is fairly small, and thus you will need to prescribe a mesh edge size small enough to capture this region.

Third, it is recommended to perform a global surface remeshing prior to taking to the meshing module. In the SV Model module, go to Global Ops->Remesh. Choose a mesh edge size that makes sense and perform global surface remeshing until you achieve a desirable surface. If the global surface remeshing executes okay, it typically indicates that you will be able to create a volume mesh.

I changed the stent caps to walls and used a global surface remeshing of 0.1 and then took it to the meshing module. This meshed fine. Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Thanks!

SimVascular Development Team

jianfei song

Post by jianfei song » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:00 am

Thanks so much for your reply!
I tried to change the caps to the wall, and it worked.
And there is also another question please, i scaled up the stent part(the figure is attached), it seemed that the mesh changed the shape of geometry, I am wondering that how i can solve this problem? Thanks so much.
mesh of stent part.PNG
mesh of stent part.PNG (53.04 KiB) Viewed 661 times

Adam Updegrove

Post by Adam Updegrove » Wed May 02, 2018 6:37 am

Hi Jianfei,

I'm glad to hear that worked. Please make sure that the stent wall is a separate face from the walls of your geometry. The mesher will only exactly preserve boundaries between faces.

Thanks!

SimVascular Development Team