SimVascular crashes during segmentation

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Melody Dong

SimVascular crashes during segmentation

Post by Melody Dong » Tue May 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi,

I have a large project (~5GB) loaded in SimVascular to model the pulmonary arteries. While I am segmenting some of my arteries, SimVascular will randomly crash and exit with the following error on my Linux command line:

/usr/local/sv/simvascular/2017-08-14/simvascular: line 90: 2723 Aborted (core dumped) $SV_HOME/Bin/simvascular

Is there a way to prevent these random crashes from happening? I've limited what is shown in the display to about 5 paths and 2 lofted branches to minimize memory usage.

Thanks,
Melody

Adam Updegrove

Re: SimVascular crashes during segmentation

Post by Adam Updegrove » Tue May 22, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi Melody,

How often do these crashes occur? Any patterns you have seen with the crashing?

Also, it looks like you are using linux? Could you potentially try on a different OS and see if you see the same issue?

Thanks!

SimVascular Development Team

Melody Dong

Post by Melody Dong » Wed May 23, 2018 1:19 pm

The crashes really only happen when I have a lot of objects displayed and when I have other programs running in the background. So far, the crashes have only happened on linux, but I have noticed periodic slowdowns on Windows when segmenting. I think I might just have to close everything on my computer except for SimVascular when model building to avoid those crashes.

Adam Updegrove

Post by Adam Updegrove » Wed May 30, 2018 5:18 pm

Okay, thanks for the information Melody. If you could keep track of when SimVascular is crashing that would be very helpful. Also, copy the output from the terminal and keep track of that as well.

Thanks!