model warning message

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Melody Dong

model warning message

Post by Melody Dong » Wed May 23, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi all,

When I create a model that has some small imperfections and extra caps, I get a long warning message that I can't read the entirety of because it doesn't have a scroll feature. Can you add that to long warning messages?

Also, I think the warning message is longer than it needs to be because I think it lists all of the caps and walls that would be created (and some extra caps that I don't see in the final face list, i.e LPA_3 through LPA_9). Of the list in the screenshot, I only found 3 extra faces that would have caused problems in my Parasolid model, which also prevented the warning message when I fixed those faces.

Another note, I am only able to create the model using parasolid. Polydata give mes a generic "Error creating model" when I use it.
SimVascular_ModelWarningMsg.png
SimVascular_ModelWarningMsg.png (456.86 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Thanks,
Melody

Adam Updegrove

Re: model warning message

Post by Adam Updegrove » Wed May 30, 2018 5:23 pm

Thanks for the information Melody! I plan on revising the output of errors for the model creation section sometime soon, so I will keep this in mind. Are you able to create all the vessels individually with PolyData? Either in the lofted preview of the Segmentation panel or in the model creation section? If that works and all the vessels intersect correctly, it is possible that you need to change the circumferential and longitudinal sampling rates. It is possible that they are too high or low.