Can't mesh clinicalcase2

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Ruiyi Yang

Can't mesh clinicalcase2

Post by Ruiyi Yang » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:15 am

Hello,

First thank you for this amazing software. I'm quite new at cardiovascular modeling and I'm following your tutorial. Now I'm trying to do the simulation with "http://simvascular.github.io/clinicalCase2.html" (Aortofemoral Normal - 2). I'm have imported the downloaded paths and segmentations on a new project and I have created the model from it. But I have trouble to mesh the model. I tried different estimate size but usually have error like this :

PLC Error: A segment and a facet intersect at point (-7.72385,4.9538,-56.5634).
Segment: [278971,298973] #-1
Facet: [278972,278977,278973] #2343180
ERROR: TetGen quit and returned error code 3

Did I do something wrong (or did I missed something) or do I have to redo the segmentation from the scratch ?

Thank you in advance,
Have a nice day !

Ruiyi

Justin Tran

Re: Can't mesh clinicalcase2

Post by Justin Tran » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:32 am

Hi Ruiyi,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the SimVascular community! We hope that the software will meet your needs, and we will be here to assist you with any questions or issues that arise.

This kind of meshing error is common when a non-smoothed model is meshed. Lofting segmentations together into a model naturally creates many sharp corners and edges, especially around the vessel bifurcations. We recommend that users apply local smoothing operations (detailed here: http://simvascular.github.io/docsModelG ... ngPolyData) before meshing to smooth out the sharp corners and edges. In particular, we recommend that you highlight all of the "wall" surfaces from the face list (by holding Cntrl and clicking), then doing the "Constrain Smoothing" under the Local Operations. Do this a few times and try meshing your model again.

Hope that helped! Let us know if you continue to have trouble meshing the model.

Ruiyi Yang

Post by Ruiyi Yang » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:59 am

Hello again,

Thank you very much for your quick answer. The meshing went fine and I did successfully a first simulation with rigid wall.

However I have trouble to create files for the simulation with the deformable (constant) wall :

****************** f a t a l e r r o r ******************

routine cgsisrcgsr
insufficient floating point workspace

(please see the attachment:
svpre.log
(587.14 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
).

I tried to different deformable pressure with no success Pavg = 78800 or Pmax = 151400 (aorta) which are results coming from my rigid wall simulation with no success.

Could you please help me for this problem ?

Thank you in advance,
Have a nice day !

Ruiyi

Ruiyi Yang

Post by Ruiyi Yang » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:13 am

Hello !

If someone could help me I would very grateful ! Please don't hesitate to ask questions if my description is incomplete !

Thanks in advance,
Have nice day !

Ruiyi

Justin Tran

Post by Justin Tran » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Hi Ruiyi,

Sorry for the late response! I have been busy with other tasks lately and have not been able to get on the forums much to answer questions. I can happily confirm that the presolver completed successfully, despite the FATAL ERROR.

The reason that message pops up is that we use a fairly old code for performing the linear solve of the deformable wall initialization. That particular function thinks it needs a specific variable to complete, but modern computers can bypass that error. In other words, there is no worries!

You can confirm that the presolver worked correctly by checking the "displacements.vtp" file that should get produced.

Hope that helps!

Ruiyi Yang

Post by Ruiyi Yang » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:37 am

Hello,

Yes indeed, the file "displacements.vtp" is here. Thank you very much !!

Have a nice day !

Ruiyi