SimVascular 2019-01-23 Version

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Amirtaha Taebi

SimVascular 2019-01-23 Version

Post by Amirtaha Taebi » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:56 pm

Dear SimVascularers!

I just installed the last version of the SimVascular released this week and the GUI looks like completely different than before. Before I switch back to the previous version (which looked like nicer and more user friendly), I wanted to check if I have intsalled the correct version. Here I attach a screenshot of the interface.

Many thanks,
Amirtaha
Attachments
simvascular_screenshot.JPG
simvascular_screenshot.JPG (139.72 KiB) Viewed 554 times

Nathan Wilson

Re: SimVascular 2019-01-23 Version

Post by Nathan Wilson » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:13 pm

Dear Amirtha,

This is the old SimVascular interface. Are you launching via the Desktop SimVascular icon? If so, try manually deleting the icon and the Start Menu for SimVascular, uninstall SimVascular and then reinstall.

It should default to the MITK style interface.

Nathan
SimVascular Support Team

Amirtaha Taebi

Post by Amirtaha Taebi » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:19 pm

Dear Nathan,

Thanks!
I had the version from Nov 2018 installed on my Windows 10 machine. I did not uninstall that version. I just installed the recently released version (assuming that it will also take care of removing/modifying the old version). Then I just simply ran the SimVascular as I used to do. So, do you mean that before I install this last version, I should manually uninstall all the previous versions?

In addition, I noticed that when I download and install this version it says that svSolver is not included. Should I then download the same svSolver version that I had before and install it again.

Again thank you very much,
Amirtaha

Nathan Wilson

Post by Nathan Wilson » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Hello Amirtaha,

SimVascular never uninstalls old versions, you need to do this from the usual Add / Remove Programs. SimVascular installs all files into a unique directory per release except the desktop icon and the start menu. If you want to keep an old version, you need to manually rename the desktop icon (and start menu if you use it) and then install the new version.

It sounds like you somehow got the worst of both worlds because the icon launch directory got updated but not the launch parameters (which have changed).

SimVascular shouldn't install svSolver as this is a separate install (for about the last year or so).

So if I were you, I would unistall both the old version of SimVascular, the new version, make sure the desktop icon is gone, and then reinstall the new version. You can leave the version of svSolver that you previously installed assuming you installed it separately (very old versions of SV bundled this).

Nathan
SimVascular Supprt Team

Amirtaha Taebi

Post by Amirtaha Taebi » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:55 pm

Dear Nathan,

I am just confirming that I followed the instruction and everything went okay.

Thanks again,
Amirtaha