svsolver error

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Ruiyi Yang

svsolver error

Post by Ruiyi Yang » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:52 am

Hello,

I'm trying to do the simulation with "http://simvascular.github.io/clinicalCase2.html" (Aortofemoral Normal - 2) with constant deformable wall. There is an error during the presolve calculation but a solution seems to solve it : https://github.com/SimVascular/svSolver/issues/35 .

So I did the instructions explained here (viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=188&t=8641&p=23788&start=0&view=) but for Ubuntu 16.04. and changed stannspcg.f . The compilation works fine and good news the presolve works also fine without error.

However the svsolver shows an error (see enclosure error.txt). I didn't found anything in the FAQ on GitHub but perhaps I did search in the right place. I just added the .exe in Preferences (see the picture), but perhaps I have to add something more ?

Thank you in advance,
Have a nice day,

Ruiyi
Attachments
Capture du 2019-02-07 15-47-22.png
Capture du 2019-02-07 15-47-22.png (57.98 KiB) Viewed 376 times
error.txt
(3.08 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

Ruiyi Yang

Re: svsolver error

Post by Ruiyi Yang » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:00 am

Hello again,

I tried another solution by using cmake to compile svsolver. It works fine. However when I tried to use command line (mpiexec -np 8 svsolver) to solve it , I have :

/usr/local/bin/svsolver : ligne 58 : 7064 Erreur de segmentation (core dumped) $SV_HOME/bin/svsolver $*

What is the cause the core dump ?

Thank you in advance,
Have a nice day,

Ruiyi

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:18 am

Hi Ruiyi,

The svsolver executable you built using CMake is not installed in /usr/local/bin/svsolver unless you put it there manually.

The solver executable you built using CMake is called mysolver and is located in the CMake build directory under svSolver-build. Use this path to the solver when executing the simulation

mpiexec -np 8 <PathToBuild>/svSolver-build/mysolver

Cheers,
Dave

Ruiyi Yang

Post by Ruiyi Yang » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:38 am

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your answer. It seems however that the problem is still the same even with the right mysolver path, do you have an idea of what may causes this problem ?

Thank you in advance,
Have a nice weekend,

Ruiyi
Attachments
error_3.txt
(2.74 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:06 pm

Hi Ruiyi,

Were any files written to the 8-procs_case directory? Could you do an ls -l on all the files in your project's SImulation directory?

Be sure to set svpre to /home/ryang/svsolver/Build/svSolver-build/mypre .

Would it be possible to put your project's SImulations directory on DropBox so I could download it and test?

Cheers,
Dave