Error in converting results

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Hannah Cebull

Error in converting results

Post by Hannah Cebull » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:13 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to convert my deformable wall simulation results and I keep getting the following error at the end of the conversion:
Expected # of ints not recoverd from head
when looking for : vin plane traction
/usr/local/sv/svsolver/2019-01-19/svpost: line 58: 1752 Segmentation fault: 11 $SV_HOME/bin/svpost $*

In the converted results folder, I still get all_results_00000.vtp and all_results_00000.vtu, but not the rest of the time steps. I also get the other .txt files but pretty much contain all zeros. Can someone help explain this error?

Thanks,
Hannah

P.S. I also attached my standard error and out files, if that may help.
Attachments
SimVascular.stderr.txt
(634 Bytes) Downloaded 27 times
SimVascular.stdout.txt
(189.41 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

David Parker

Re: Error in converting results

Post by David Parker » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:28 pm

Hi Hannah,

It seems that the post processor could not find the correct number of results, maybe the numstart.dat file does not match the number of restart files, or there is a restart file / geombc mismatch. Did you copy over the results from a cluster?

Maybe you could run a small job with just a few processors on a small mesh. If that doesn't work then you can send me a DropBox link and I'll have a look.

Cheers,
Dave

Hannah Cebull

Re: Error in converting results

Post by Hannah Cebull » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi Dave,

Thank you! I think you're right. I did copy the results from a cluster and since it was a large job I was using more processors so that must be causing the issue. I noticed sometimes if I re-run it, then it will be successful, so I'll keep working with it for now!

Thanks,
Hannah