Re: SimVascular installation on Windows10 in Virtual Box

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Surabhi Rathore

Post by Surabhi Rathore » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:21 am

Hi,
I, KM Surabhi, am a beginner to use SimVascular. I was trying to install SimVascular latest version for Windows10 in Virtual Machine, which is named as;
"SimVascular-2019-08-09-windows-64bit-bundle.exe"

After installtion, when I was trying to run the simvascular from the location "C:\Program Files\SimVascular\Simvascular\2019-08-09\simvascular-bin.exe"

When, I am executing the above command every time I got this massage "The code execution can not proceed because liborg_sv_gui_qt_application.dll was not found. Reinstallting the program may fix this problem."

I also did the reinstalltion 4-5 times and every time the same issue.
Now, I am wondering that this problem is related to VirtualBox or PC or is their anything thing which I am missing out.
Please help me to solve this issue. Looking forward to your reply with the same.

Please avoid typo and my brevity.
Thank you in advance.
Surabhi

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:46 am

Hi Surabhi,

When installing SV on Virtual Box you should see the SV Icon that you can select.

If you do want to run from the command line then you need to execute the sv.bat file. That sets up the paths to the SV libraries.

Cheers,
Dave

Surabhi Rathore

Post by Surabhi Rathore » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:15 pm

Hi David Parker,

Thank you very much.
Have a nice day.

Nathan Wilson

Post by Nathan Wilson » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:39 am

Dear Surabhi,

Running SimVascular on a Windows client in Virtual Box is possible, but requires special configuration since VirtualBox does not support OpenGL 3.2 natively. See the SV wiki:

https://github.com/SimVascular/SimVascu ... l_machines

As Dave mentioned, you should have a desktop icon for SV which is effectively a link to "sv.bat".

Nathan
SimVascular Support Team

Surabhi Rathore

Post by Surabhi Rathore » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:00 am

Dear Nathan,

Now, I am getting the error "2.31 core.mod.core.loggingadapter ERROR: ERROR: In S:\vtk-8.1.1\Rendering\OpenGL \vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 785 vtkGenericOpenGLRenderWindow (000002E0EBCEA010): GLEW could not be initialized."

After reading your suggestion given, still unable to configure.
I am using the Windows10 on Vistual Machine 5.2.18 version on Centos 7. I would like to know which version of OpenGL need to solve this issue. Because in the discussion links, it talk about the VM version 6.0.4+.
Also, "To check the version of OpenGL supported by your virtual machine, the easiest tool is:
OpenGL Extensions Viewer" is not working.

Please suggest me some other suggestion. Your suggestion will be a great help to me.

Thank you in advance.

Nathan Wilson

Post by Nathan Wilson » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:31 pm

Dear Surabhi,

The error message "... GLEW could not be initialized ..." means your OpenGL version is not properly supporting OpenGL 3.2.

Are you using VirtualBox from Oracle? You mentioned something "Vistual Machine 5.2.18". If you mean VirtualBox, version 5.2.18 is way too old to run OpenGL 3.2 applications. You must be running the latest release of VirtualBox.

Ubuntu 18.04 is well supported for SimVascular, and shouldn't require as much special configuration for OpenGL. Do you have a good graphics card in your physical machine? Have you tried running SimVascular natively on CentOS 7?

Nathan
SimVascular Support Team

Surabhi Rathore

Post by Surabhi Rathore » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:13 pm

Dear Nathan,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Now, I updated my Oracle VirtualBox5.2.18 to 6.0.14.
On the new Virtual-Box, I am successfully able to install SimVascular for Ubuntu.

I installed the SimVascular on Centos 7 but unable to launch svSolver.
Due to which, Now, I using SimVascular for Ubuntu.

With Regards,
Surabhi