Aortic inflow waveform

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
David Parker

Re: Aortic inflow waveform

Post by David Parker » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi Sajeda,

The convert results section of the 1D Simulation is not implemented in the SV release version you have, we will try to get a new release up in the next couple of weeks. The convert results layout has also changed a bit so I will need to update the documentation. Sorry for the delay!

Cheers,
Dave

Sajeda Akter

Post by Sajeda Akter » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:11 pm

Thank you David for your kind information....

However, I saw in the 1D tutorial (attached image), the convert panel working.

I hope we can see the convert panel next time.....

Thanks

Cheers
Sajeda
Attachments
1D_tutorial.JPG
1D_tutorial.JPG (52.82 KiB) Viewed 360 times

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:31 am

Hi Sajeda,

The image in the documentation was taken from an SV development version. The next SV release will have the conversion enabled.

Cheers,
Dave

Sajeda Akter

Post by Sajeda Akter » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:48 am

Thank you David
I would like to know that is there svFSI have all tools e.g. modelling and meshing separate domains? Finally simulation and convert tools are available in the existing svFSI solver?
Because I want to start a project FSI. I need all tools like sv solver.

Thanks in advance

Best
Sajeda

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Hi Sajeda,

There are currently no modeling tools for FSI although there is an open GitHub Issue (https://github.com/SimVascular/SimVascular/issues/569). I am developing a Python API for SV that I think will be useful for modeling FSI domains.

A vessel interior and wall mesh can be created using the Boundary Layer Meshing with Extrude Boundary Layer Inward from Wall unselected. There is currently a bug in the code that implements this, I hope to fix it this week.

The FSI solver writes out results to .vtu files so there is no need to convert results. Have a look at http://simvascular.github.io/docssvFSI. ... simulation.

Cheers,
Dave
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 8.14.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 8.14.05 PM.png (394.77 KiB) Viewed 327 times

Sajeda Akter

Post by Sajeda Akter » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:53 pm

Thank you very much David,

I would like to know other information in SVmeshing where we see the global max edge size option. In this option, we put a constant value e.g. 0.5 or 0.2 or else. But how can we know the mesh size 0.1 mm or else i.e. there is any unit for the mesh size. Again, how can we said the mesh is coarse or fine or finer like ANSYS software...i.e. which size we can call fine or coarse etc.

Would you please let me know that is there any tools to measure the angle between two daughters branches in a 3D model in SV?

Thank you in advanced

Cheers
Sajeda

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:38 am

Hi Sajeda,

The current release of SimVascular does not contain an implementation of the convert panel, the installers were built before this could get into the release. The convert panel will be in the next release in December. Sorry for the confusion!

The format of the results files are explained in the Simlation Results section of the documentation. If you'd like I could send you a Python script that reads the results.

Cheers,
Dave

Sajeda Akter

Post by Sajeda Akter » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:57 am

Thank you David for your kind reply.

Actually I asked two questions:

(1) Is there any tools in SimVascular to measure the angle between two branches (Please check attached image).

(2) In SVmeshing there is an option Global Max Edge Size where we put a constant value e.g. 0.5 or 0.2 or else. But I would like to know that is there any constant value for which we can call the mesh is coarse or fine or finer etc.

Thank you.

Best
Sajeda
Attachments
Cap.JPG
Cap.JPG (18.13 KiB) Viewed 301 times

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi Sajeda,

Sorry, was answering your previous post!

For you questions

1) There are no built in tools in SV to calculate the angle between two vessel branches. You can calculate these angles using VMTK http://www.vmtk.org/tutorials/GeometricAnalysis.html.

2) SV can automatically estimate the edge size when you select the Estimate button on the Mesh tool panel. The estimated edge size is about half of the radius of the smallest cap in the model. This estimate should produce a good first mesh. You may need to refine in areas that have high curvature or where you need to reproduce certain flow features.

Cheers,
Dave

Sajeda Akter

Post by Sajeda Akter » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:20 am

Hi Developers,

I having a problem when I going to simulate by using svFSI. I set up all instructions according the svFSI tutorials but problem is when I start run simulation then its gives me FLOW SOLVER missing (image attached). But I think I have svSolver installed (image attached).
Therefore How can I get rid from this problem.

Thank you in advanced.

Best
Sajeda
Attachments
control panel programs.JPG
control panel programs.JPG (22.58 KiB) Viewed 259 times
flowsolver missing1.JPG
flowsolver missing1.JPG (23.58 KiB) Viewed 259 times