Modeling with multiples segmentations

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Adel Idir

Modeling with multiples segmentations

Post by Adel Idir » Fri May 17, 2024 2:03 am

Hello,

I'm trying to create a model from multiples segmentations. I know that I need to create paths such that the path start point and segmentation contour are inside the parent vessel. However, is there a way to ensure that the created contour from the new path points is aligned on the same planes as those of the parent vessel ? As you can see, the created contour is almost 45 degrees to the contours of the parent vessel, resulting in a failed model.

seg.png
seg.png (114.75 KiB) Viewed 804 times
Best regards

David Parker

Re: Modeling with multiples segmentations

Post by David Parker » Mon May 20, 2024 1:07 pm

Hello,

If you create paths using the same image points then the planes should be similar.

The first segmentation of a child vessel just needs to be within the lofted surface of the parent vessel. One way to create this segmentation is to copy and past a segmentation of the child vessel.

Cheers,
Dave

Adel Idir

Post by Adel Idir » Fri May 31, 2024 8:29 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I managed to combine all three parts of the vessel. However, as you can see in the model, there is a gap between the three vessels that I would like to fill. I'm sorry if this is obvious, but I did try adjusting different parameters in the modeling part to fix this, but nothing seems to be working convincingly. Is there a way to do this?

1.png
1.png (178.12 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Best regards.

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Fri May 31, 2024 1:26 pm

Hello,

It's not clear from the picture what you mean by a gap between the three vessels. Upload your entire SV project somewhere I can download it and I'll have a look.

Cheers,
Dave