Output conditions of the aorta

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Adel Idir

Output conditions of the aorta

Post by Adel Idir » Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:16 am

Hello,

I am running a simulation of the aorta to obtain the output conditions. Instead of getting the outputs for each time step (2500), SV only provides results for two time steps (0 and 250), any idea why?
flow.txt
(197 Bytes) Downloaded 10 times

The histor.dat file shows that the results of my simulations give good residuals at the end of the second or third iteration for each time step, but I have positive logarithms. How should I interpret this?

Best regards.
Attachments
histor.zip
(112.34 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

David Parker

Re: Output conditions of the aorta

Post by David Parker » Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:43 am

Hello,

The time steps written to the flow.txt file are set in the SV GUI Simulation Tool Convert Results panel. This data also depends on the Number of Timesteps between Restarts value set in the Solver Parameters panel.

The histor.dat file shows that the results of my simulations give good residuals at the end of the second or third iteration for each time step, but I have positive logarithms. How should I interpret this?

The Logarithm of the residual change positive means that the residual is not being reduced very much between the two steps. However, the residual is small which is what is important.

Cheers,
Dave

Adel Idir

Post by Adel Idir » Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:40 am

Hi there!

Thanks for the clarification.

When I run the simulation again after correcting these parameters, it ends after a few seconds, saying that it has been carried out correctly, and sends me the following message:
error.txt
(7.94 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
I've tried running the simulation in a new SV project, but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Thank you once again.
Best Regards.

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:38 pm

The error.txt file you uploaded has the following line

Code: Select all

****** Error occurred in routine <genint  >
  Error code :tetsonly :        0
seems like your mesh is bad or there was a problem reading it.

Cheers,
Dave