Generating mesh for boundary layer in FSI

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Amit Raj

Generating mesh for boundary layer in FSI

Post by Amit Raj » Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:30 am

Hi,

Currently, I am running pressure wave propagation test case based on ALE in the svFSI solver. For generating the mesh, I used the extruding boundary layer feature in SimVascular to create the solid domain. This method allowed me to generate the mesh for both the solid and fluid domains. However, I am stuck on how to generate the mesh for capturing the boundary layer in the fluid domain, as I have already used this feature for generating solid domain. Please let me know how to solve this issue or if I need to use other software for this.

Thanks,
Amit Raj

David Parker

Re: Generating mesh for boundary layer in FSI

Post by David Parker » Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:32 pm

Hi Amit,

I don't know of anyone that has created an ALE mesh with a boundary layer using SV.

You might could create two meshes, one with boundary layer out and another with boundary layer in. Selecting the Convert Boundary Layer to New Domain checkbox will generate a ModelRegionID Cell array for the VTU/VTP files. This can be used to identify the boundary layer elements. You could then write a Python script to merge the two files.

It would be easier to use the Coupled Momentum Method (CMM) to reproduce wave propagation for your application if possible.

Cheers,
Dave