Bad Cells

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Stanley Wong

Bad Cells

Post by Stanley Wong » Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:59 am

Hello,

When trying to create a model, I am running into a bad cell. Here is the vmr file I'm having difficulty with:
https://www.vascularmodel.com/share.html?MTUwTlkxMThO
This happens particularly when I try to create a model that includes the aorta_It_sub segmentation, with 2 free edges and 3 bad edges.

I am currently running MacOS 14.4 and am using SimVascular Version 2023.05.23.

Thanks for the help,
Stanley

David Parker

Re: Bad Cells

Post by David Parker » Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:47 am

Hi Stanley,

I was able to create a model using all of the segmentations on MacOS 13.5 M2.

I'm not familiar with the bad cell error. Is this coming from an SV popup window ?

Note that this project is segmented poorly and the resulting model geometry is not smooth.

Cheers,
Dave

Stanley Wong

Post by Stanley Wong » Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:48 pm

Hi David,

I found this helpful hint in the simvascular documentation that explains the error I'm getting (I've provided the link and attachment of where I found this on the documentation):
https://simvascular.github.io/documenta ... eling.html

It does not appear as a SV popup window, but is displayed in the status bar

Thanks,
Stanley
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 1.46.17 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 1.46.17 PM.png (289.8 KiB) Viewed 105 times

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Wed Aug 21, 2024 4:25 pm

Hi Stanley,

Thanks for the link to the SV documentation, learn something new every day! I did not even notice this error when experimenting with the data, should be a popup really.

It's not clear in the documentation what is meant by triangles that have more than one neighbor, triangles will have several neighbors, suppose this is talking about sharing a single edge with more than one neighbor (non-manifold).

it's not clear to me what is causing the error. If you change the last aorta_it_sub segmentation inside the aorta to a circle or ellipse then the model is created. You can also set a value for the Number of Sampling Points parameter in the Create Model popup.

Cheers,
Dave