Issue opening .DCM files

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
David Parker

Re: Issue opening .DCM files

Post by David Parker » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:37 am

Hi Ali,

I had a look at the MITK source code to see what is going on. The error you are seeing

Invalid tag values when constructing tilt information from origin1 ' ', origin2 ' ' , and orientation ' '

indicates that your image is missing Image Orientation Tag (0020,0037) and Image Position Tag (0020,0032) information. I guess MicroDicom is more forgiving with this than the MITK framework we are using. You will need to add this information using a DICOM editor.

Sorry for all the problems, DICOM is a bit tricky to say the least!

Cheers,
Dave

Alireza Meghdadi

Post by Alireza Meghdadi » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:50 am

Hi David,

I tried to do what you asked me but I can't figure out what these tags are and how to add them. I hope you can find a way to relax SimVascular's import margins. I really need to start with this segment of my PhD and SimVascular is the only tool that allows easy segmentation of vessels. I will be constantly checking for updates and try them but If I can't find a fix till September, I would have to abandon this project and adopt a different one.

Thanks a lot for all your help.
Ali

Alireza Meghdadi

Post by Alireza Meghdadi » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:26 am

I found a fix!

Very simple fix; so if you have a DICOM folder that contains slices, instead of converting to a .DCM file, you can just copy and paste the series of interest into a new folder. If you import the first slice into SimVascular, the software automatically inserts the remaining slices.

Thanks David for your insights, I definitely learned about DICOM files.
Ali

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:07 pm

Hi Ali,

You found a fix! Great news! I was about out of ideas.

I think we both learned a bit more about DICOM. I will add your fix to my DICOM knowledge house.

Cheers,
Dave