plot pressure wavweform inlet and coronary

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Luca Gontier

Re: plot pressure wavweform inlet and coronary

Post by Luca Gontier » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:02 am

I will try some change in the compliance to see how the pressure change. Hope to find the correct value and waveform.
Thank you

Luca Gontier

Post by Luca Gontier » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:43 am

I can still ask a question. The flow file i use for the aortic inflow (scaled_pulse_flow.flow) i read is for a heart period of 1 second and a cardiac output of 90.7 mL/s. In the aortic outflow the R_tot is calculated assuming a cardiac output Q=80 mL/s. Why this difference. i need to adjust the value to match the cardiac output, or the 80 mL/s it is the cardiac aortic output after the coronary who is lower than the output from the hearth?

Thanks again

Justin Tran

Post by Justin Tran » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:36 pm

Hi Luca,

Thank you for your question. The difference in cardiac output you observe is an oversight on our part. You are right in that when you calculate your total resistance values, you should use the cardiac output that you are prescribing for your model. So for the tutorial case, you should calculate the total resistance using 90.7 mL/s, which matches the inflow boundary condition.

Luca Gontier

Post by Luca Gontier » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:54 am

If i correct understand your flow file (scaled pluse flow) is set for a cardiac output of 90.7?,
and i need to recalcalculate the total resistamce for the r_tot outflow with 90.7 in place of 80.

If i want to creare a flow file curve similar to yours do you have some suggestion how to procede for a inferior flow.

Thanks

Justin Tran

Post by Justin Tran » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:25 am

You can do either option! You can re-calculate your resistances based on the 90.7 cardiac output, or you can scale the flow waveform file to have 80.0 cardiac output.

To scale the waveform, we suggest dividing each flow data point at each time by the mean flow (90.7 in this case). This will give you a "normalized" flow waveform with a mean flow of 1 mL/s. You can then multiply every flow by your new desired mean flow. The resulting waveform will have the same shape as before but with a different mean flow.

Wei Wu

Post by Wei Wu » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:23 pm

Hi,
I recalculate the cardicac output, using the "area under the curve", and the result is 91.55ml/s instead of 90.7 ml/s. The 90.7ml/s Luca got is calculated by averaging of the flow curves. But I think "area under the curve" should be more accurate.
Any comments are so appreciated!