Simulation problem (without GUI)

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Maria Nicole Antonuccio

Simulation problem (without GUI)

Post by Maria Nicole Antonuccio » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:57 am

Hi,

I'm new on SimVascular. I'm trying to launch a simulation with RCR parameters and deformable walls from prompt but, as you see in the attachment, it doesn't work. I've tried in several ways (few timesteps, different time step sizes, coarser mesh, more processors, using another computer :D ) and I've always obtained the same error.

I've launched the same simulation (with the same parameters) from the GUI and it worked very well. Moreover, to make me sure about the rightness of the .svpre file and .inp file, I've also used those files (attached) created by the GUI, but I've obtained the error again :cry: .

Thanks for your availability.

Regards,
Maria Nicole
Attachments
solverINP.png
solverINP.png (42.24 KiB) Viewed 330 times
PreSolverSVPRE.png
PreSolverSVPRE.png (37.81 KiB) Viewed 330 times
Error2.png
Error2.png (61.69 KiB) Viewed 330 times
Error1.png
Error1.png (32.84 KiB) Viewed 330 times

David Parker

Re: Simulation problem (without GUI)

Post by David Parker » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi Maria,

Try running the solver without MPI using svsolver-nompi. That will tell us if the problem is with MPI or with your input files.

Cheers,
Dave

Maria Nicole Antonuccio

Post by Maria Nicole Antonuccio » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:34 am

Hi David,

thank you for your answer. I've tried but it still doesn't work and in the attachment you can see the error.

Thank you!

Maria Nicole
Attachments
Immagine2.png
Immagine2.png (21.69 KiB) Viewed 292 times
Immagine1.png
Immagine1.png (61.46 KiB) Viewed 292 times

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi Maria,

I see the warning message WARNING more data in restart than needed and error message in your attachment. This means that the restart file you used for the IC File for the rigid wall simulation is not compatible with the deformable wall simulation you are trying to run.

Make sure that you are using the same mesh and same solver parameters for both rigid and deformable wall simulations and that you selected the Last Step to restart.x.0 check box when converting the rigid simulation results.

Cheers,
Dave