Simulation stuck at (0%)

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Tyler Diorio

Simulation stuck at (0%)

Post by Tyler Diorio » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:02 am

Hello,

I am not sure why, but I am unable to progress a simulation past 0%. The info line at the bottom-left of the GUI says "SimulationName: running 0% complete. Info:".

When looking at the command line, simply nothing is happening. I see warnings that say:
(1) "core.mod.core.loggingadapter WARNING: Generic Warning: In S:\vtk-8.1.1\Common\Core\vtkInstantiator.cxx, line 265 vtkInstantiator::CreateInstance was deprecated for VTK 8.1 and will be removed in a future version."
(2) "****Activating legacy standalone functionality
setting active flag"

I see each of these messages interchangeably but neither actually progresses to anything further (in the GUI or the command window).

Does anyone know a possible cause or remedy for this? Please let me know.

Thank you,
Tyler Diorio

David Parker

Re: Simulation stuck at (0%)

Post by David Parker » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:32 am

Hi Tyler,

What SimVascular version are you using and what OS are you running on?

There are currently some problems finding MPI and the svSolver binaries on some platforms, this is fixed for the next release. Make sure that MPICH MPI is installed and to set the location of the svSolver binaries and mpiexec in the Preferences->SimVascular Simulation panel.

Cheers,
Dave

Tyler Diorio

Post by Tyler Diorio » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:23 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

I am operating on Windows 7 while using the most up-to-date version of both SimVascular (3-17-19) and SVSolver (1-19-19). I uninstalled and freshly downloaded these both yesterday just to rule out issues of old versions.

I've attached an image of the simulation settings for my SimVascular solver.

Thanks,
Tyler
Attachments
SV simulation tab.png
SV Simulation INFO
SV simulation tab.png (194.94 KiB) Viewed 591 times

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:43 pm

Hi Tyler,

We do not support SimVascular on Windows 7 anymore, you will need to upgrade to Windows 10.

Cheers,
Dave

Joey Lee

Post by Joey Lee » Mon May 27, 2019 7:01 pm

Hello,

The same problem as Tyler met before, occurs on my Windows 10 workstation. The info line at the bottom-left of the GUI says "SimulationName: running 0% complete. Info:".

I'm using the latest release of SimVascular (2019-03-09) and svSolver (2019-01-25), and the MPICH2 version is 1.4.1.

Noticed that Dave mentioned in previous reply, Simulation setting matters to this problem and Tyler attached an image of his setting. Is this setting right?

Thank you for time and consideration.
Joey

Joey Lee

Post by Joey Lee » Mon May 27, 2019 7:56 pm

Hello,

Sorry for that.

After going through the Simulation Guide http://simvascular.github.io/docsFlowSo ... figuration, I found the Solver Configuration part http://simvascular.github.io/docsFlowSo ... figuration and find the right way for settings in Preferences -> SimVascular Simulation panel. And this settled my problem.

Besides, MPI here are using Microsoft MPI but not MPICH2.

Cheers,
Joey

Susannah Waxman

Post by Susannah Waxman » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:26 am

Hello,
I've encountered this same problem on Windows 10 even after specifying the solver file locations as you described.
Each simulation I start is stuck at "running, 0% completed." Guidance is greatly appreciated.

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:35 am

Hi Susannah,

The eternal simulation 0% typically means that the simulation did not start, perhaps a problem starting the simulation (MPI problem) or that the simulation data files were not created correctly. Do you see any error or warning messages in the window that SV opens when it starts? You can first try running without MPI and then check that all of the require simulation files were created.

What version of SV are you using? I added some error checking to the latest version that is supposed to check for problems and popup a window with helpful information, this may not be working correctly on Windows.

Cheers,
Dave