svFSI User Guide

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Justin Tso

svFSI User Guide

Post by Justin Tso » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Hi, in the svFSI User Guide Basic GUI plugin use, it says "We have provided you with an example meshes for the fluid domain of a cylinder and the solid domain of the cylinder," and the rest of the guide uses these examples. However, I don't see where one would find these examples to download. Is it just missing, or am I just not seeing it? Or is it just using the cylinder demo from the previous simulation guide, and you have to create a mesh for the structural domain from that? Thanks for your help.

David Parker

Re: svFSI User Guide

Post by David Parker » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:06 pm

Hi Justin,

The link to the files for the svFSI tutorial are indeed missing. I will create the files, put them on the SimTK web site and add a link to the svFSI tutorial web page. Thanks for pointing this out!

Cheers,
Dave

Weiguang Yang

Post by Weiguang Yang » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:27 pm

Here is a cylinder example using ALE-FSI. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjyrzzlcb7uvm ... I.zip?dl=0
The structural domain is created by using meshmixer (extrude a fluid cylinder). By importing the wall model (stl file) back to simvascular, you can mesh the structural domain. Then use the inner wall mesh (vtp file) to create a fluid mesh.

Haifeng Wang

Post by Haifeng Wang » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:06 am

Dear Weiguang, Dear Dave,

The link provided above seems to be not valid anymore.
Where can I find the cylinder example using ALE-FSI (svFSI)?

Best,
Haifeng

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:53 am

Hi Haifeng,

At some point the svFSI solver will have test cases that you can download. Until that happens you can download the cylinder problem from here https://github.com/ktbolt/cardiovascula ... i/cylinder.

Cheers,
Dave

Haifeng Wang

Post by Haifeng Wang » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:58 am

Many thanks, Dave!

I get it now.

Cheers,
Haifeng