Pressure Issue on SimVascular and ParaView

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Jessica Blair

Pressure Issue on SimVascular and ParaView

Post by Jessica Blair » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:51 pm

Hello,

Attached is a photo of a current project I am doing, BAV70, a CT image of a BAV patient at 70% (diastole). I used the equation to find that Resistance is 587.37, which I split between the outflows in my project under BCs (LCA, RCA, LCAX, and aorta). I have tried using different BCs and found that the best looking one was with this Resistance, but I still have the issue with pressure.
If need be, I would be more than happy to share my folder/project via OneDrive to get extra help and explanation.
Thank you in advance.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 2.47.00 PM.png
Screenshot of my BAV70 Model with pressure
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 2.47.00 PM.png (41.73 KiB) Viewed 393 times

David Parker

Re: Pressure Issue on SimVascular and ParaView

Post by David Parker » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:13 pm

Hi Jessica,

What issues are you having with pressure?

Cheers,
Dave

Jessica Blair

Post by Jessica Blair » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:29 pm

Hello,

The issue I seem to be having is that pressure should be in mmHg, which I converted to via the calculator tool (/1333.2 on the scalar pressure option). The results seem to still show a high number, in the thousands, instead of the typical ~100 mmHg that you would expect in the aorta.
Thank you for your time.

Weiguang Yang

Post by Weiguang Yang » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:58 pm

With the resistance boundary condition, the outlet pressure should be equal to outflow*resistance value. If p doesn't match with Q*R, it may suggest the boundary condition was not correctly imposed. In addition, you can also check if the model length, flow, resistance value , viscosity and density are consistent. For example, they are all in cgs units.

Jessica Blair

Post by Jessica Blair » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:27 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and responding to this question as you had helped me with another. Also, thank you for your suggestions. I checked, and all are in cgs units. I used the normal pulse pressure for the aorta, 40 mmHg, since this project is during diastole. Since this number is typically less than 80 mmHg and between 40 and 50 mmHg, would this issue be causing the pressure issue on my table via ParaView? Also, if you have the time, I would like to share my project to you via OneDrive/Email to possibly speed up the process of seeing where I may have gone wrong. Thank you again!

Weiguang Yang

Post by Weiguang Yang » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:05 am

Yes, I can take a look if you could share the files (restart, geombc, bct.dat, solver.inp, svpre file,mesh-complete etc) via google drive.

Jessica Blair

Post by Jessica Blair » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:28 pm

Hello,

Okay, sounds like a plan. Do you have an email address that I can share my data to?
Thank you!