Library Not Found

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Mary Robakowski

Library Not Found

Post by Mary Robakowski » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:12 am

Platform: Mac OS Sonoma (14.0)
Solver Version: May 2023
svSolver Version: July 2022

Hello, I am trying to run a cfd simulation using Simvascular and the svSolver plugin using the platform and versions above. However, when I try to create the simulation file, I get the following error:
dyld[88318]: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/11/libgfortran.5.dylib

Referenced from: <7F8D4F10-902B-3ADE-B253-9A20D4A22593> /usr/local/sv/svsolver/2022-07-22/bin/svpre
Reason: tried: '/libgfortran.5.dylib' (no such file), '/Applications/SimVascular.app/Contents/Resources/svExternals/lib/libgfortran.5.dylib' (no such file), '/Applications/SimVascular.app/Contents/Resources/svExternals/lib/plugins/libgfortran.5.dylib' (no such file), '/Applications/SimVascular.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libgfortran.5.dylib' (no such file), '/Applications/SimVascular.app/Contents/Resources/./libgfortran.5.dylib' (no such file), '/Applications/SimVascular.app/Contents/Resources/bin/libgfortran.5.dylib' (no such file), '/Applications/SimVascular.app/Contents/Resources/lib/plugins/libgfortran.5.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/11/libgfortran.5.dylib' (no such file), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/11/libgfortran.5.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/11/libgfortran.5.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/lib/libgfortran.5.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/libgfortran.5.dylib' (no such file, not in dyld cache)
I have tried several methods to locate and/or install gfortran, but I can't seem to find it. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Simvascular and svSolver, but that did not fix the issue either. I would appreciate any and all help or advice.

David Parker

Re: Library Not Found

Post by David Parker » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:27 pm

Hello,

The latest svSolver MacOS installer (BigSur) was built using GCC 11.3.0 so when the executable runs it is looking for gcc/11/libgfortran.5.dylib. What GCC version do you have installed?

There are two things you can try

1) Install GCC 11

2) Build svSolver from source (see https://github.com/SimVascular/svSolver)

Option 1) may still not work (search the Forum for other user's experiences).

Option 2) is probably the best solution

In the mean time I will try to setup building svSolver for MacOS Sonoma.

Cheers,
Dave

Jason Szafron

Re: Library Not Found

Post by Jason Szafron » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:35 am

Hi,

I had a student run into this issue as well. Installing gcc using homebrew (https://brew.sh/) worked for them.

Best,
Jason