There is a bug in svFSIplus

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Li Xia

There is a bug in svFSIplus

Post by Li Xia » Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:46 pm

Hello,

I am using svFSIplus for some simulations, but the results have not stabilized in the first few cycles. Therefore, I want to continue the simulation. However, when I set Continue_previous_simulation to 1 (true), the simulation always stops at the first step after the start. I checked and found that this is caused by an error in the judgment of the stop time step stopTS=nTS=Number_of_time_steps and the current time step cTS, which caused l1=1 and the simulation stops. For example (see Figure), I first simulated for 3 steps, then used Continue_previous_simulation=1 and Number_of_time_steps=3 for the simulation. Theoretically, it should jump out at cTS=6, but in fact it jumped out at cTS=4.

I remember that in svFSI, the logic was that Number_of_time_steps represents the number of time steps to be simulated, or in svFSIplus, its meaning changed to the time step at which the simulation should be stopped.

I don't know if it's appropriate to feedback the bug here. Hope it can be fixed in the next update. Also, I hope the output function for the txt file can be improved as soon as possible, which is very important for us to observe the results.

Lina
Attachments
bug1.png
bug1.png (155.75 KiB) Viewed 116 times
bug.png
bug.png (669.75 KiB) Viewed 116 times

David Parker

Re: There is a bug in svFSIplus

Post by David Parker » Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:55 am

Hi Lina,

Thanks for the detailed description of this problem!

Please open a GitHub Issue for this problem so the development team can track it.

Cheers,
Dave