Model of vascular network within human hand

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Saaketh Erraguntla

Model of vascular network within human hand

Post by Saaketh Erraguntla » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:24 pm

I want to study the geometric relationships within the vascular network of the human hand rather than the cardiac-torso. Would this software be able to provide me with an accurate and highly detailed three dimensional model of the vascular network of the human hand and forearm? Additionally, would the software allow me to rotate around the model and study it from numerous angles? I am interested in a complete model of the hand's vascular structure including all veins, arteries and all sub-branches to the capillary level. If this software isn't capable of doing this, does anyone know of any other software or high resolution imaging which would allow me to peruse the vascular network in great detail? I am open to paying for these resources as well.Thank you.

Alison Marsden

Re: Model of vascular network within human hand

Post by Alison Marsden » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Yes, if you have high quality medical image data for the hand, you should be able to construct a model of the vasculature that you can see in the image data. After construction, you can rotate the model and look at it from different angles. You can also make detailed measurements in ParaView. Whether you can see the capillaries will depend on the resolution of the image data you have. Most standard image modalities do not have sufficient resolution to visualize capillaries but this will depend on your particular dataset.

Saaketh Erraguntla

Re: Model of vascular network within human hand

Post by Saaketh Erraguntla » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:51 am

Thank you!