Wont open

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Mike O''Sullivan

Wont open

Post by Mike O''Sullivan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:56 am

Hi,
Can anyone help, I am trying to install SimVascular on windows 7 but after install the application wont open. I can open the old GUI but the new one fails every time. In the window that pops up there is a message saying "Startup error: Application Exception: No application id has been found.
I then get another window with "simvascular-bin.exe has stopped working"

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Ella Checnoverov

Re: Wont open

Post by Ella Checnoverov » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:16 am

I suggest to install SV on Ubuntu 16.4 it is a lot easier

Nathan Wilson

Post by Nathan Wilson » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Hello Mike,

I'm surprised that SimVascular doesn't run on Windows 7, but unfortunately it's no longer a supported platform. We do all of our development on Windows 10. I upgraded all of my older computers to Windows 10 when MS provided free upgrades for everyone last year. Can you upgrade your OS or run on a Windows 10 machine?

Based on the limited information provided in the error message, I believe that the MITK layer is having problems finding the plugins and/or shared libraries. This could also be caused by a missing shared library required by one of the plugins.

Is the old GUI launching okay on Windows 7? It would be good to see if this works as that would provide additional information.

Nathan

Nathan Wilson

Post by Nathan Wilson » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:40 am

Hello Mike,

Please try installing the latest release of SimVascular (2017-06-18) on Windows 7. I just tested the latest installer on a clean Windows 7 install, and the new GUI should launch. There appears to be an error with the Python dll, but that isn't currently required to use the rest of the interface.

Nathan

p.s. I've attached the warnings I received.
Attachments
win7-errors-python-service.JPG
win7-errors-python-service.JPG (100.8 KiB) Viewed 477 times