svPre not working.

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Taehak Kang

svPre not working.

Post by Taehak Kang » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:21 am

was running simvascular with no problem till yesterday...
I am using the latest version of it. The problem is that svPre no longer creates restart, geombc, bct files and only creates .svpre, numstart, rcrt, and solver.inp
Does the size of the project file matter? Is there a number limit in total svPre file set creation? else is it just I missing something?

Nathan Wilson

Re: svPre not working.

Post by Nathan Wilson » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:12 pm

Hello Taehak,

It sounds like you have an error in your input files. Look for a log from svPre to see if there is any output. If the program crashes or if there is an error, then you will get some files without others. Hopefully the svpre log will help debug the problem.

SimVascular Development Team

Taehak Kang

Post by Taehak Kang » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:45 am

Thank you! I have been working on my projects naming every space with "_" but forgot about it after I stopped checking for it. Thanks a lot!

Taehak Kang

Post by Taehak Kang » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:24 am

Um.
I set all files in these forms :
Case_1_200pt_1
Case_4-1_200_1
Case_2_fast_200
Is there any possible problem with the inlet file names? I am still not getting bct, geombc, and restart files but everything else.
Also would it be possible to run simulation without bct and such files? I read it from the tutorial that it would not but somehow my files are in simulation without bct, geombc, restart but with svpre, numstart, rcrt, and solver.inp. It says its running but no work is actually under progress..using 0% CPU performance.
When I stop it, it says " user credentials needed to launch processes : account (domain₩user) [WIN-LTJBK5N2I9A₩Administrator] "
I am sorry but I dont know how to look for the log files..

Taehak Kang

Post by Taehak Kang » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:26 am

Also Ansys and other softwares just run fine which means all directories are in English and I have been setting all my simvascular files in English. Local disk, desktop, user name are in my mother tongue but since other softwares run just fine I guess it is not an issue....
Restart, geombc, bct files are missing all the time I set to create data files for the simulation. All else like numstart, svpre are all created just fine.
Flow files have period of 1 and all velocities are set in the range -8 to -100. Somehow my old test files have restart, geombc, bct created. The problem is that recent files that successfully created above 3 files(been a week and this problem has been seen for a week.) now are not creating such files. I am out of clue. I tried renaming all the directory after "local disk" and copied selected works from the original file to run separately.

Taehak Kang

Post by Taehak Kang » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:16 pm

I finally got my inlet files working and restart,geombc,bct files are created just fine.
Now when I tried running simulation, the progress sticks at 0% and when stopped, the log file show only one error message "user credentials needed to launch processes : account (domain₩user) [WIN-LTJBK5N219A₩Administrator]" When I searched for it it seemed windows mpi files got some username/password issue but other programs like Ansys and others work just fine... should I reinstall simvascular and its solver..? I got no clue for it...

God_mercy_Simvascular
Taehak

Taehak Kang

Post by Taehak Kang » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:33 am

Nothing but reinstallation worked... I think it was a bug.. maybe.. I dont know.. ish.. Reinstallation made simvascular to create svpre files but not the simulation. User credential issue is not solved. Would you mind giving me some suggestions about it? Is it license problem maybe?
And along with this core-processor files are not created as well.(eg:22-proc_case) Zero cores are used when simulation button is clicked and nothing goes under progress.

Thanks.
Taehak