Errors related to libPng

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Adam Updegrove

Re: Errors related to libPng

Post by Adam Updegrove » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:49 pm

Alex,

I'm not sure why the ubuntu install that was working yesterday is now not working. That should be unrelated to this as this is specific to mac externals.

For Mac, I had to make some pretty low level changes to MITK to get things to compile on 10.13. It is possible that this is the cause of your problems. I did some testing of a build with these externals, but its possible that I didn't do enough testing.

I just made it so that these externals are no longer pulled until we do more testing. If you have a chance to do a completely clean rebuild and things work with that build, let me know.

Thanks!

SimVascular Development Team

Alexander Kaiser

Post by Alexander Kaiser » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi Adam,

Apologies, I should have been more specific on the ubuntu problem. On my ubuntu machine yesterday I had git version SHA 11e95b0333, from 10/31/17, and it worked consistently, no problems. Today I updated to what I believe is the newest on master (ceac5ff, from 12/6/17). This then caused regular crashes that are similar to the mac build. This morning, I also updated the mac version to ceac5ff, following your post. This is when I started seeing the all-over crash problem.

I did a full clean rebuild on mac and ubuntu now on ceac5ff and report back. I removed the Build directory entirely, and ran git clean. Is there anything else to be sure to remove?

I am happy to test any particular hash on either or both systems to see if the problem is consistent. Please let me know if there is one that would be helpful.

Thank you,
Alex

Adam Updegrove

Post by Adam Updegrove » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:51 pm

Ah, I think I may know the issue. Around the time of your old master, we updated to a new internal datamanager. From startup, this new datamanager should now be launched. However, if you have been building for a while, SimVascular (or MITK rather), stores information about lib locations, configuration settings, etc. in a local directory. You may actually still be launching the old datamanager because of this.

On mac, these files are location under ~/Library/Application_Support/SimVascular. Delete all the folders SimVascularApplication_* under this folder.

On linux, I believe they are under ~/.local/share/SimVascular

Remove those folders, relaunch, and let me know if you see the same issues.

SimVascular Development Team

Alexander Kaiser

Post by Alexander Kaiser » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:32 pm

This does not seem to have fixed the problem. I killed those files on both systems, and have the same problems on both.

I'll try removing again and checking out 11e95b. Or please let me know if there are other things to try.

Thanks again,

Adam Updegrove

Post by Adam Updegrove » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:41 pm

Interesting. Could you send me or post some of this specific issues/crashes? That way I can see if I can reproduce them.

Thanks!

Casey Fleeter

Post by Casey Fleeter » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:11 am

Following up on this - I updated my Mac to High Sierra (10.13.2) and was getting the exact same error message as Alex. After copying the libz* files from /usr/lib to /Applications/SimVascular.app/Contents/Resources/sv_externals/lib as Hongzhi suggested, I was able to fix the issues with the pre-compiled version. So this seems to work for both the built-from-source and pre-compiled versions for anyone else running High Sierra on their machine.