Warning: Error creating model.

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Luke Markham

Warning: Error creating model.

Post by Luke Markham » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:31 am

Hi!

I'm having some difficulties and I was really hoping somebody might be able to help me.

I'm trying to create a 3D model from my aorta segmentations, I've managed it successfully in the past however I'm now getting an error box saying Warning: Error creating model. And then it obviously fails to build the model. I've also noticed in the command line window which can be seen when I launch simvascular, there is an error - 335.21 ERROR: Supersampling error, I get this error every time I try and fail to create a model so I suspect it is linked.

I've tried different ways of creating the model, including nurbs, spline and with different numbers of sampling points.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on here?? :)

Best wishes,
Luke

Adam Updegrove

Re: Warning: Error creating model.

Post by Adam Updegrove » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:58 am

Hi Luke,

When you say you've managed to do it successfully, do you know when, what version, and what model type you were using?

How many segmentation groups are in your model? If more than just the aorta, can you try to create a model with just the aorta group and see if that works. If it doesn't work immediately, you should be able to adjust the sampling rate to achieve a model. If that doesn't work, its likely that one or more of your segmentations are bad. You should then go through and inspect each segmentation individually to make sure that everything looks okay.

Thanks!

SimVascular Development Team

Luke Markham

Post by Luke Markham » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:46 am

Thanks for your reply Adam.

I've managed to create a model from previous segmentations on the same version of Simvascular as the one I'm currently using. Which I believe is the current version as I downloaded it only a couple of months ago. I've only had success creating my aorta models previously by using the 'Uniform Lofting Parameters' and using the 'Spline' lofting method (however even this isn't working now). The model type is polydata.

I've tried playing around with the parameters for both 'Spline' and 'Nurbs' options but I still get the error message. Interestingly I've noticed if I go ahead and make another contour with a few random segmentations then the 3D lofting does work.

Below is a url which takes you to an image of my segmentations.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ioui6 ... gdTwDcSAZI

Cheers,
Luke

Adam Updegrove

Post by Adam Updegrove » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi Luke,

I think I misread. I thought you were stating that you had created a model in SimVascular using these exact segmentations before, and now they weren't working.

I now understand that you have created models before using different segmentations, but you are having trouble with these segmentations, correct?

Based on the image you attached, it looks like there are a lot of segmentations in your group, and its possible that some of them overlap (I can't really tell from the image angle). Realize that you only need enough segmentations to accurately replicate what you see in the image data. Adding segmentations very close will just introduce unnecessary complexity to your model.

I recommend going through and investigating the segmentations and possibly deleting unnecessary segmentations.

Also, you are welcome to share the project, and I can take a look when I have the chance.

Thanks!

SimVascular Development Team